With my third year of university now at an end, I have potentially only one more year to go before graduation. Yikes!!! Of course, I could tack on another major and a minor and delay graduation by at least another year.
In the event that I want to graduate next spring though, I may need to take summer courses. I have managed to avoid them during my three years in university, but I have been giving them a lot of thought as of late, so I wanted to share with you the list of pros and cons I have come up with about taking summer courses.
- Shorter course duration
- Expedite completion of required courses or electives
- Exposure to different professors and teaching styles
- Smaller class sizes
- Different course syllabi from fall/spring courses
- Limited course selection
- Longer lecture duration
- Information-dense lectures
- Less time between tests/exams
- Are not usually covered by a scholarship unless a full course load is taken
Have you taken summer courses before??? How did you find them??? Would you recommend them???