I got a very welcome surprise the other day: I was nominated for the Liebster Award!!! Thank you to the lovely Agatha Chocolats for the nomination. Her blog is riddled with chocolate enthusiast indulgences and cozy murder mystery book posts, so pop on over and have a gander at all the tempting goodness.
Here are the rules for this blog award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Answer the questions they provided.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs of your choosing that you think deserve recognition.
- List 11 questions to ask your nominees.
Questions from my nominator:
- What would be the motto of your blog? Hmm . . . I don’t know. I guess the tag line of my blog: books, beauty, life.
- What is your favorite childhood book? Oh goodness, I have so many favourites from my childhood, but I did love Robert Munsch’s Love You Forever. My mother read me that one every night for months.
- What is the best pairing for chocolate? A tall glass of milk.
- Which forms of social media do you most like to use when connecting with your readers outside of your blog? I actually really like instagram. I didn’t like it when I first started but I love having a collection of pictures documenting things I like. And I like seeing what other people post too.
- If you could invite three people over for dinner (living, dead, fictional, …any body!), who would you invite? J.D Salinger, Audrey Hepburn, and Margaret Atwood.
- What would you serve? Well, I would make roast beef, mashed potatoes, and pie for Salinger because apparently those were his favourites. And I would have something chocolatey for Audrey Hepburn because, in her son’s book Audrey at Home: Memories of my Mother’s Kitchen, it was said that Hepburn ended every evening with chocolate. I don’t know what Margaret Atwood would like given she has a hard time deciding on favourites, but hopefully she would like the above menu ideas.
- What are your 5 best qualities? “Your looks, your smile, your kindness, your hugs, and your giggles.” – my best friend
- What is the best thing covered in chocolate? I really like chocolate-covered almonds. Nice and simple but oh-so-delicious.
- What is your passion? I don’t know if I could pick just one, but reading and blogging are right near the top of my list.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be? For the physical health, mental well-being, and happiness of my family and friends.
- What’s your favorite thing you’ve posted? Share the link! I really liked my Easter Baking post because the giant cupcake cake turned out really well and my grandmother just loved it.
11 random facts about me:
- I used to bite my nails all the time as a kid until one day I just stopped.
- I am a complete cover hog, but I never know I’m doing it.
- I almost never lose anything, so when I “lose” my phone, I panic and immediately use the Find My iPhone function to locate it when it is 100% somewhere in my house.
- I seem like a really picky eater but I just like sticking to foods I know and love.
- I wear children’s clothes on a regular basis because they actually fit.
- I don’t own a single pair of monochromatic socks.
- I am a weirdly organized person.
- I love those 90s sitcoms like Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc. I really wish those were still on the TV at times other than at midnight.
- My favourite candy is marshmallow strawberries, even though I am so allergic to everything in them so I can’t have them. And M&Ms. So amazing.
- I can’t drink hot drinks. If I make myself a cup of tea or something at home, I basically let it sit until it is lukewarm before I will drink it.
- I have never broken a bone.
- adventuring through pages
- adi in the life
- Sarah’s Bookshelf
- The Kelly Charm
- Another Night of Reading
- Sorry, I’m Booked
- Curiouser and Curiouser
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be???
- What is the last all-nighter you pulled???
- Do you often read your horoscope???
- Do you have a lucky number??? If yes, what is it and why???
- What is one of your hidden talents???
- What is your favourite room in your home, and why???
- What is your favourite film, and why???
- Do you have any scars???
- Do you have a favourite song??? If yes, what is it and why???
- What is something you would like to learn how to do???
- What genre(s) of music do you like???