Today marks the first day back at university after reading break. This means only three more weeks left until the end of classes!!! I am excited to have some days off to study for finals, but I have really liked the classes I have been in this term.
Incidentally, my birthday fell during reading break this year. As of 11:30am on Monday, I am officially 20 years young!!! It is seriously weird realizing that I can no longer call myself a teenager, especially considering I am still often mistaken for one. No really, I am. Like the other week, I wasn’t allowed into a 14A movie because I didn’t have an adult . . . talk about awkward when you know for a fact that you are older than the ticket taker at the theatre.
While I have shared a plethora of book- and beauty-related things on this blog, I have noticed that I haven’t shared many things about me personally. So, I figured, what better way to celebrate my birthday with all of you than to share with you 20 facts about me, one for each year I have been alive!!!
20 facts about me:
- I am 60.5 inches tall, or about 154cm for the metric system users out there. Yes, that half-inch really does matter
- I’ve always wanted to go on a road trip
- I am addicted to my grandmother’s homemade Nanaimo bars, especially when she freezes them and then serves them half-defrosted. It sounds weird but, trust me, they are delicious
- I have near-perfect vision, but I have still worn glasses since first grade
- I am left-handed
- I have absolutely no musical talent, but I would really like to learn to play an instrument. The guitar, perhaps.
- My favourite book is The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- My secret talent in life is coming up with mnemonic devices for studying. My latest creation is “Potatoes Teach Sewing Timidly”. I used it on my cognitive neuroscience exam today.
- I have never eaten an orange
- I live on an island
- I have every receipt from every purchase I’ve made in a shoebox
- My favourite colour is purple
- I am emphatically anti-Aunt Jemima “maple syrup”. Canadian maple syrup all the way!!!
- I am allergic to artificial colours and flavours, so basically the entire frozen food aisle and all the good chinese food restaurants are off limits for me
- I am an only child, but I think having siblings would have been fun
- I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- The song I currently have stuck in my head is Drove Me Wild by Tegan and Sara
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a peach farmer, which is super weird because I had never, and still haven’t, eaten a peach
- I would like to start a YouTube channel if and when I ever pluck up the courage
- I am still afraid of the dark
3 thoughts on “Turning 20 . . .”
Happy belated Birthday!! Thank you for sharing those facts, very interesting!! I always love getting to know people better. 🙂 How have you never had a peach or orange!? Oranges you are definitely missing out on; peaches are good but not my favorite. 😉
Thank you!!! And I was a very willful child, so I just never had one. Something about murdering fruit by peeling them. . . Haha I was unique. I should give one a try though. I’ll take your recommendation and start with an orange 🙂 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha, that does make sense! When I was little and had a ‘baby’ grape, I would make everyone say goodbye to it before I ate it. Lol, looking back that almost seems more morbid, but oh well! 😉 Yes, definitely start with an orange; I hope you like it when you do try one! 🙂