Autumn is just around the corner, and for many people this means the end of sunny, summer days with treks to the beach, barbecues, and roasting marshmallows around a fire pit during a family camping trip. For me, this means no longer having to apply SPF60 sunscreen every time I want to leave the house so my paper white skin doesn’t burn to a crisp. In short, I welcome autumn each year with open arms. But it’s not just the lack of sunscreen that makes this my favourite season. There are so many amazing things about autumn that I could just go on and on about, so I thought I would set myself a limit and share with you 21 reasons why I love autumn, in no particular order:
- Breaking out the scarf collection!!!
- There’s nothing like curling up in front of the fire with a good book.
- All the leaves start changing to such beautiful colours and being raked into piles on people’s lawns and and cascading through the air, etc. I love everything to do with autumn leaves.
- Warm pancake breakfasts with fresh maple syrup. . . Yum.
- Staying in bed on weekends and catching up on some sleep without the sun obnoxiously peering in the window at you at 7am.
- Berry toned lips and nails make their annual comeback into everyone’s beauty regime.
- School starts back up, which means a fresh batch of sticky notes for studying.
- Rain boots become fashionable again (and where I live, totally necessary; 100% function over fashion when it comes to 10cm of rain every day for weeks).
- Watching movies in pyjamas with a cup of hot chocolate (and mini marshmallows, of course).
- Mittens. Mittens. Mittens. In case you haven’t guessed, I really like mittens.
- Berets and toques and fedoras, oh my!!!
- No more worrying about sweating off your makeup in the summer heat.
- Over 800 pages of the September issue of Vogue to pore over.
- No need for blush with the slight pinkish hue on cheeks from the cold.
- Pumpkin-spiced everything makes its appearance in stores and Starbucks everywhere; new additions always coming soon!!!
- As the weather turns to daily rain, that means more time inside bookstores looking for the next good read . . . or two.
- Wearing tights under dresses to stay chic and warm.
- Candles, candles, and more candles!!!
- Autumn nights are perfect for having a bubble bath.
- Tons of anticipated books from top authors are published in autumn.
- The peppermint mocha returns to Starbucks.
So let’s start saying our farewells to summer because autumn can’t come soon enough!!!
What are some of your favourite things about autumn???