Well this is awkward . . . nothing like being nominated for a blogging award just over SIX months ago before realizing it. I am so happy I saw it this morning though; what a wonderful surprise!!!
So, thank you to ohthepinklife for nominating me for this award 🙂 🙂 It is so nice to know that people are reading my blog, and that someone liked it enough to nominate it for an award like this.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven blogs.
So before I get all emotional, let’s delve into these 10 questions, shall we???
- What inspires you to keep writing on your blog? I am continuously inspired by the same thing that got me started with my blog: my interest in sharing my passions for books and beauty, and being part of an online community of like-minded people. Also, blogging is something fun that I do for myself, sort of as an escape from hectic university days and midterm seasons.
- Who’s your favorite author? Oh gosh this is a hard one. There are so many amazing authors out there, and they each bring new styles and perspectives to the sphere of literature, but to keep this short and sweet, I’ll say J.D. Salinger or F. Scott Fitzgerald, authors of my two favourite novels, The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby, respectively.
- What’s your favorite thing in the world? Definitely my family. They are always so supportive of my dreams and ambitions, and never fail to make me laugh.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I don’t really know how to answer this one, because I am the playing-it safe-type, and responding with something like “handing in an essay without proofreading it first” would just be lame (and I could never do that). I think I’m going to save my answer to this question for when I actually do something truly crazy and noteworthy, but I want it to be something amazing like riding in a hot air balloon.
- Besides blogging, what hobbies do you have? Well, reading writing, knitting, shopping for new beauty finds, wandering used bookstores, baking, going to school (yup, I’m one of those kids), hanging out with friends, and spending time with my family.
- Do you aspire to be as someone? Do you have any role model? My role model is my mother because she is such a smart, strong, and confident woman, and is an incredible mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
- What do you do when you are in a bad mood? Honestly, clean. If I am sad, angry, or upset, I just start power cleaning whatever I can. I will reorganize my closet, wash all of my clothes just so I can fold them, oodles of house chores, and once I powerwashed the entire back deck in an afternoon. In short, I like channeling my negative emotions into something productive.
- Movie or book? Hmm . . . as a cinephile, I will never turn down a movie unless it’s so gory that they have to put a whole whack of warnings and restrictions on it so that little kidlets aren’t scarred for life from it. But I also love books. Yet when it comes to movie adaptations of books, I become the most cynical person on the planet, and for a good reason I think. For example, the movie adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s My Sister’s Keeper. I won’t spoil the book or movie ending for any of you who haven’t read or watched it, but trust me, just go read the book and then watch the movie. You’ll understand exactly what I mean.
- If you could live in any other time (like for example ’60s or so) when would it be? Why? I would choose to live around 1900, because that is when some of my favourite writers were actively writing, and it would be so amazing to actually get to meet them. The movie Midnight in Paris is a perfect example of the best day in the 1900s I could have.
- Any favorite clothing brand? As a lover of fashion, it is hard for me to limit myself to just one brand. Really, I just like any brand that carries my size and makes pants with legs that aren’t way too long for me, because I’ll just roll up the legs. No way I’m hemming my jeans.
Now for my 10 questions:
- What did you want to be when you grew up???
- If money was not an issue, where would you want to travel to???
- What are your three must-have beauty products???
- Who is your favourite character in a novel or movie and why???
- What is the weirdest compliment you have ever been given???
- What is an irrational fear that you have???
- How did you come up with the title of your blog???
- If you were to have a dinner party, which 5 guests, living or dead, would you invite, and why???
- What is your least favourite word???
- Where do you usually write your blog, and do you have a posting schedule???
And finally, I nominate Polished by Amy, The Girl in Glasses, Claire Elsley, weardaisywent, thelittleowlblog, heyitscarlyrae, and alternativelaura.
(Note: some of these blogs may already be nominated, but I love them so much that I wanted to nominate them again.)
4 thoughts on “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”
Congratulations on the award! I loved your answers too! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!!! 🙂 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person